Building Blocks in Paediatrics, 1st Edition
This book from experienced paediatricians Professor Alf Nicholson and Professor Kevin Dunne covers the essential elements needed throughout the career of those who treat children and adolescents.
Based on the current paediatric training curriculum, this book includes the core basics (section 1), the various symptom-based presentations (section 2) all with input from renowned sub-specialists in Paediatrics, the common presentations relating to age that are seen in primary care (section 3) and the skills you need to have to be a successful trainee or consultant in Paediatrics (section 4). All of the chapters have high quality clinical and radiology images as appropriate and have additional typical case scenarios to highlight the learning points.
This book is unique in that it caters for undergraduate students through to postgraduate trainees in paediatrics or general practice, and the working GP or consultant.
- Clinical vignettes to highlight key learning points
- Over 90 case scenarios sprinkled throughout the book with clinical pearls, interpretation of investigations and pitfalls to avoid for each scenario
- List of key points to be obtained from a consultation to support doctors in the clinic
- All key procedures in neonatology and paediatrics are covered
- Problem-solving practice to test knowledge
- Section 4 hosts unique chapters not least safe practice, dealing with uncertainty, the avoidance of errors, ethical dilemmas, ECG and laboratory interpretation of results, neonatal and paediatric procedures and critical journal reading
- High-quality clinical pictures, cardiac pictures, ECGs and radiology images to support learning
- Content suitable for students, GPs and specialists
- 20 podcasts available in the e-book version