Darby and Walsh Dental Hygiene, 5th Edition
New to this edition
- NEW! Streamlined approach focuses on the information you need to know along with the practical applications.
- NEW! Added content covers alternative practice settings, new infection control guidelines, pediatric care, risk assessment, dental hygiene diagnosis, the electronic health record (EHR), and more.
- NEW! Modern illustrations and updated clinical photos give you a better picture of how to perform essential skills and utilize clinical technology.
- NEW! Online procedures videos guide you step-by-step through core clinical skills.
- NEW! Editorial team brings a fresh perspective and more than 30 years of experience in dental hygiene education, practice, and research.
- Focus on research and evidence-base practice provide proven findings and practical applications for topics of interest in modern dental hygiene care.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes with accompanying illustrations, clinical photos, and rationales outline the equipment required and the steps involved in performing key procedures.
- Critical thinking exercises, cases, and scenarios help hone your application and problem-solving skills.
- Feature boxes highlight patient education, law, ethics, and safety.
- UNIQUE! Discussions of theory provide a solid foundation for practice.
- Key terms are called out within chapters and defined in glossary with cross-references to chapters.
- Practice quizzes enable you to self-assess your understanding.