Gunderson and Tepper’s Clinical Radiation Oncology, 5th Edition
A comprehensive, multidisciplinary resource for the entire radiation oncology team, Gunderson & Tepper’s Clinical Radiation Oncology, 5th Edition, thoroughly covers all aspects of this complex and dynamic field. Concise, templated chapters cover the basic biology of oncologic disease processes as well as updated treatment algorithms, the latest clinical guidelines, and state-of-the-art techniques and modalities. More than 1,000 images—detailed anatomy drawings, radiographic images, and more—provide outstanding visual support for every area of the text.
- Divides content into three distinct sections for quick access to information: Scientific Foundations, Techniques and Modalities, and Disease Sites. Disease Site chapters include overviews summarizing the most important issues and concluding discussions on controversies and problems.
- Features new and expanded content on molecular and cellular biology and its relevance in individualized treatment approaches, stereotactic radiation therapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, biologic therapy, precision radiation therapy, targeted radiation, dosing guidelines for better quality of life and improved patient outcomes, and more.
- Includes new chapters on Radiation Physics: Particle Therapy, Interventional Radiology, Radiation Therapy in the Elderly, Palliative Care, Quality and Safety, and Immunotherapy with Radiotherapy.
- Provides guidance on single-modality and combined-modality approaches, as well as outcome data including disease control, survival, and treatment tolerance.
- Includes access to videos on Intraoperative Irradiation, Prostate Brachytherapy, Penile Brachytherapy, and Ocular Melanoma.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.