Midwifery Essentials: Basics E-Book, 1st Edition
Basics is the first title in the Midwifery Essentials series and prepares the reader to understand and master a range of clinical skills safely and with confidence.
The jigsaw model of midwifery care is introduced and explained, providing a framework to explore the application of each of the clinical skills described in subsequent chapters. Central to undertaking each of the skills discussed is the need to communicate effectively with women and their families.
- Effective communication for each clinical skill
- Principles of infection control and hygiene
- Essential observations of blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Collection of specimens and blood from woman and baby, urinalysis, and venepuncture
- Principles of medicines management and injection technique
- Fundamentals of surgical care.