Modern Dental Assisting, 14th Edition
Easily master all aspects of dental assisting with the most up-to-date and trusted text available. For more than 45 years, students and practitioners alike have relied on Modern Dental Assisting for its cutting-edge content, easy-to-grasp writing style, step-by-step procedures, and top-notch visuals. And the new 14th edition is no exception. With updated content — including the latest technological advancements, clinical photographs, and coverage of cultural diversity and how it relates to patient care — this new edition will guide you from your first day of class all the way to your first job in dental assisting.
New to this edition
- NEW! Expanded coverage of digital technology topics in general dentistry and dental specialties prepares you to work in modern dental settings.
- NEW! Additional illustrations enhance an already stellar art program, with more than 1,700 images.
- NEW! Consistent chapter organization with modernized learning outcomes help you understand important topics more easily.
- UPDATED! Dentrix Learning Edition based on Dentrix G7.3, available for download on the companion Evolve website, gives you experience working with practice management software.
- UPDATED! Revised Dentrix exercises on the Evolve companion website correlate with the updated Dentrix Learning Edition software.
- Comprehensive, cutting-edge content presented in an approachable writing style aids comprehension.
- Step-by-step procedures for general and expanded functions include helpful color-coding and photos.
- Chapter features include recall questions throughout; boxes on infection control and CDC practices; and end-of-chapter elements regarding patient education, law and ethics, future trends, and critical thinking.
- Key terminology list offers definitions, visual highlights within chapter discussions, and an alphabetized list in the glossary with cross-references to chapter locations.
- Learning and performance outcomes address didactic knowledge and clinical skills mastery.