Skills for Midwifery Practice Australian & New Zealand Edition, 2nd Edition
This text provides clear, easy-to-read guidance on more than 110 skills for midwifery students and midwives seeking to update their practice.
Underpinned with the most recent evidence-based practice and research, the second edition walks the reader through general and basic skills in a sequential and logical manner, following a woman’s journey through pregnancy, labour and birth, and postnatal care.
With a focus on the performance of midwifery skills rather than on the theory of midwifery practice, Skills for Midwifery Practice Australia and New Zealand 2nd edition is an indispensable text to which students will return to again and again.
- Endorsed by the Australian College of Midwives
- Step-by-step instructions for each skill
- Images and diagrams to aid understanding
- A woman-centred approach and cultural considerations throughout
- Models of midwifery care (Continuity of Care and Lead Maternity Carer’s Model)
- Australian/NZ specific guidelines, policies, statistics, terminology and medication administration guidelines
- An eBook included in all print purchases