Sobotta Tables of Muscles, Joints and Nerves, English/Latin, 2nd Edition
Sobotta Tables of Muscles, Joints and Nerves
The booklet comprises 100 tables with schematic illustrations of muscles to facilitate their systematic study. You can use it in combination with the Atlas: just take a table and look at the corresponding figure in the Atlas to learn all about the origin, insertion, innervation and function of an individual muscle. In the figure legends you will find a cross-reference to the corresponding muscle table, and vice versa from a table to the figure exposing a specific muscle.
The 16th edition of “Sobotta not only presents 600 completely revised images, but also 250 new insights into the human body. In this edition even more attention was paid on the clinical relevance and regarding the medical exam. With its expanded content on more than 1,300 pages including 500 exemplary test items of medical exams, the “Sobotta is now bigger than ever before.
Didactical conception: “Sobotta learning loop
- Synopsis: the introductory overview of each chapter offers essential anatomical information “at a glance.
- Main topics, summarised according the National Competence-Based Catalogue of Learning Objectives for Undergraduate Medical Education (NKLM). Having studied the text thoroughly, the student will be able to explain all specific topics of a chapter.
- Clinical relevance: being illustrated by a typical case history in each chapter
- Dissection tips: valuable hints and know-how of experts as optimal preparation for exercises in the dissection room
- Focusing the essential: by bold-typing of keywords in legends and labels
- Exemplary test items of oral anatomical exams: to check one’s knowledge
Structure and layout
- Optimal orientation: by unequivocal descriptions, clear structural arrangement and improved layout
- Learning with legends: comprehensive legends highlight the anatomical key structures and explain their anatomical relationships
- Focusing the essential: by bold-typing key structures in legends and labels
This edition is greatly enlarged by “Clinical Remark boxes with descriptions of clinical pictures, where the displayed structure plays an important role. This helps keeping the learned information better in mind.
Numerous tables, lists and diagrams facilitate the general overview and comprehension of complex anatomical connections.