Wound Care, 1st Edition
Wound Care: a practical guide for maintaining skin integrity is a contemporary ANZ resource designed to assist students and clinicians in applying evidence-based wound care to practice.
Written by expert wound care clinicians and academics, the text offers a range of clinical scenarios to test wound care knowledge and skills within the context of real-world settings. It presents a problem-solving approach to encourage students and practising nurses to critically think about how to deliver wound care to individuals with a range of acute and chronic wounds.
Including the most recent local dressings and wound care products, Wound Care: a practical guide for maintaining skin integrity reinforces the principles of wound care and provides the necessary tools for students and clinicians to determine how best to deliver effective nursing care.
- Each chapter provides an overview of specific wound types, followed by five case studies and related multiple-choice questions to test your knowledge and skills
- Case studies include an assessment and management approach to assist you in developing effective clinical application of wound care theory
- Full colour illustrations to help familiarise yourself with a variety of wound types
- A nursing focus with a multidisciplinary approach helps to enhance the 'real-world' experience of wound care
Additional resources on Evolve
eBook on VitalSource
Instructor/and Student Resources:
- Answers to Case Study questions
- Quick reference list of local wound care products/dressings
- Self-assessment quizzes
- Image bank