A Nurse's Survival Guide to Supervising and Assessing, 2nd Edition
Are you supporting students in practice? This book provides an overview of the different approaches and summarises the key NMC Standards that you need to understand. You will follow the student's journey on placement starting from the preparation needed before they arrive through to the orientation, initial interview and planning of learning, plus how to provide feedback and ensure that your assessment is fair and objective. Some of the challenges you may face will be explored, along with approaches you can use to ensure successful outcomes.
This is an indispensable handbook for:
- both new and experienced nurses seeking practical advice
- academic staff who prepare and support practice supervisors and assessors
- students undertaking modules on teaching and learning in practice
- Based on the NMC standards for student supervision and assessment
- Offers guidance and tips on supporting and assessing students on placements
- Presents sections on understanding you, supporting the student with additional needs, and using simulated learning
- Covers how to support students who are not making the progress expected
- Action points at the end of each chapter will help you consolidate your learning
Part of the A Nurse’s Survival Guide series.