Age-Related Macular Degeneration, 1st Edition
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) offers a consolidated view of a complex disorder by summarizing the latest evidence-based studies and translating their findings into practical, actionable knowledge. This concise resource covers the fundamentals of AMD diagnosis and treatment. It operates under a modern definition of AMD which acknowledges the range of presentations that ophthalmologists see in practice. Offering practical, clinical guidance in addition to capturing new therapeutic approaches in the pipeline, this book is an essential reference for ophthalmologists, optometrists, and researchers.
• Takes a concise yet comprehensive approach to AMD, covering both basic science and clinical guidance.
• Features clinical guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of AMD, including classification, signs/symptoms, imaging, and differential diagnosis in the pre-optical coherence tomography (OCT) and modern OCT eras.
• Presents up-to-date information on AMD therapies currently in the development pipeline and offers insights for the future of translational research.
• Explains molecular genetics and pathogenic events of AMD from both basic and clinical perspectives, which may help readers seek promising new therapeutic targets
• Contains more than 112 full-color illustrations with multimodal imaging techniques that clearly demonstrate AMD pathophysiology and clinical pathology.