Bailey & Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, 15th Edition
Perfect your lab skills with the essential text for diagnostic microbiology! Bailey & Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology, 15th Edition Is known as the #1 bench reference for practicing microbiologists and as the preeminent text for students in clinical laboratory science programs. With hundreds of full-color illustrations and step-by-step methods for procedures, this text provides a solid, basic understanding of diagnostic microbiology and also covers more advanced techniques such as matrix-assisted laser desorption time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Written by noted CLS educator Dr. Patricia Tille, Diagnostic Microbiology has everything you need to get accurate lab test results in class and in clinical practice.
New to this edition
- New ! Updated content includes infectious disease trends and new illustrations such as culture plate images of real specimens, complex gram stains, lactophenol cotton blue microscopy, and more.
- NEW COVID-19 information has been added.
- UPDATED topics include the Human Microbiome Project, expanded MALDI-TOF applications and molecular diagnostics in conjunction with traditional microbiology, additional streps, and significant news in mycology.
- EXPANDED glossary defines terms on the Evolve companion website.
- More than 800 high-quality, full-color illustrations help you visualize concepts.
- Expanded sections on parasitology, mycology, and virology allow you to use just one book, eliminating the need to purchase other microbiology textbooks for these topics.
- Hands-on procedures show exactly what takes place in the lab, including step-by-step methods, photos, and expected results.
- Case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to diagnostic scenarios and to develop critical thinking skills.
- Genera and Species boxes provide handy, at-a-glance summaries at the beginning of each organism chapter.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter provide measurable outcomes to achieve by completing the chapter material.
- A glossary defines terms at the back of the book and on the Evolve companion website.