Clinical Examination Essentials, 5th Edition
Talley and O’Connor’s Clinical Examination Essentials 5e provides an introduction to the skills required to
successfully pass your clinical exams.
It offers tips on how to impress your examiners and highlights key steps in taking a history and conducting
a physical examination. With practice these will become second nature, even under the stress of exam conditions.
We hope that Talley and O’Connor’s Clinical Examination Essentials inspires you to master your clinical skills and embark on a successful medical career. If you are looking to further develop your history taking
and examination techniques, Talley and O’Connor’s Clinical Examination: A Systematic Guide to Physical
Diagnosis provides greater detail (and more jokes).
New to this edition
- New introductory chapter on how to pass your clinical exams and the objective structured clinical examination (OSCE)
- New clinical photographs
- Updated hint boxes and summaries
- Talley & O’Connor exam hints present handy information which assists students and junior doctors in correctly diagnosing patients
- OSCE hints panel at the end of each chapter provides practice OSCE-style scenarios and answers to test all skills required for the OSCEs
- Question Boxes provide a checklist of questions which students as examiners should pose to patients to enable them to correctly identify the presenting symptoms required for an accurate diagnosis
- Includes an Enhanced eBook version with purchase. The enhanced eBook allows the end user to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.