Emergency Medicine, 7th Edition
Gordian Fulde AO, a mainstay of emergency medicine in Australia, continues to author this indispensable reference along with Sascha Fulde and a considered selection of influential emergency medicine clinicians. The strength of Emergency Medicine undoubtedly lies with its combination of expertise, experience and contemporary content.
This premier text offers accessible evidence-based clinical management and treatment advice that can be incorporated seamlessly into the daily demands of the emergency medicine environment. The comprehensive scope of content coverage ensures readers – both students and clinicians – are well equipped with the practical nous to succeed in the demanding world of emergency medicine.
New to this edition
- Comprehensively updated with contributions from more than 60 notable emergency medicine clinicians
- 26 new chapters, with new topics including pain management, caring for Indigenous patients, emergency medicine in a rural setting, sexual assault and domestic violence, common misses in x-ray, and CT ordering and interpretation
- Increased coverage of topical issues such as deep vein thrombosis (economy class syndrome) and street drugs
- A focus on a career in emergency medicine, lifestyle, wellness and success
- Coverage of important controversies with evidence-based recommendations.
- Editor comments contained in relevant chapters to provide clinical tips and advice for practice
- Broad range of topical issues covered
- Practical rapid reference appendix
- Detailed glossary and index
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase