Essential Surgical Procedures, 1st Edition
Accessible on a variety of devices, Essential Surgical Procedures is an electronic-only resource that provides general surgery residents and trainees with the fundamental Essential-Common procedures they need to know in order to demonstrate competency on their exams and perform procedures successfully. Combining key information from multiple leading reference works published by Elsevier, it includes detailed sets of step-by-step instructions for 89 specific procedures in various surgical areas, delivering clear, definitive guidance on clinical anatomy, perioperative considerations, and operative technique for each. The content is supplemented with copious line drawings, clinical photographs and, wherever possible, real-time video clips capturing key moments of a surgical procedure.
This eBook is aligned with the Essential-Common surgical procedures listed in the Surgical Council on Resident Education (SCORE) curriculum for general surgery. Essential Surgical Procedures is accessible on a variety of devices and provides general surgery residents/trainees with a single, portable resource containing procedural related text, images and videos, selected from 52 leading surgical reference works and 13 journals.
This eBook pulls together key information on the SCORE Essential-Common surgical procedures from a wide range of content drawn from multiple leading reference works published by Elsevier. For each of the 89 procedures, Essential Surgical Procedures delivers clear, definitive guidance on clinical anatomy, perioperative considerations, operative technique as well as highlighting clinical pearls and pitfalls. This content is supplemented with copious line drawings, clinical photographs and, wherever possible, real time video clips capturing key moments of a surgical procedure. Each procedure is accompanied by self-assessment questions and answers together with a brief rationale behind the answers to each question.
New to this edition
A single, portable resource that provides quick access to essential, procedure related content containing concise text, images, and videos on either handheld device or tablet. No connectivity to internet needed.
A quick, highly visual reference for general surgery residents to review before entering the OR to either perform or watch a procedure.
Pulls together in single resource key information on surgical procedures from a wide range of content in multiple reference works.
Using easy to follow illustrations, recognized experts detail what a general surgery resident needs to know about an array of surgeries he is required to perform competently by the end of his training. The step-by-step instructions allow the user to review technique before actually doing or observing the surgery.
Brief review of the conceptual basis for each procedure along with key studies that influence the surgical decision making.
Clinical anatomy, perioperative considerations, operative technique, pearls, pitfalls highlighted for each procedure provides the user with a quickly accessible single resource for all of the clinical skill needed to perform a procedure successfully.
Includes video clips so that user can view key moments in the course of the procedure.
Includes review questions and answers together with the rationale behind those answers help the user prepare for certification or in service training exams.
- Allows users to search all of the text, illustrations, videos and tables on a variety of devices, without the need for an internet connection.
- Features 89 chapters covering the Essential-Common procedures listed in the Surgical Council on Resident Education (SCORE) curriculum.
- Includes 2,000 pages worth of content from 52 leading surgical reference works and 13 journals, in addition to over 1,444 images and artworks.
- Showcases 67 videos to illustrate key moments of a surgical procedure.
- Features 344 board-style self-assessment questions and answers, along with a brief rationale behind the answers to each question.
- Includes a brief review of the conceptual basis for each procedure, along with key studies that influence the surgical decision-making process.
- Highlights clinical anatomy, perioperative considerations, operative techniques, pearls, and pitfalls for each procedure.