Growth and Development Across the Lifespan, 3rd Edition
Promote healthy behaviors and healthy lifestyles throughout the life cycle! Growth and Development Across the Lifespan, 3rd Edition helps you plan and implement appropriate care for patients at each age and stage of life. Explaining concepts of physical, cognitive, social, and personality development, this text provides strategies for improving patient health and quality of life for each age group. Healthy People 2030 objectives are used to set a framework for positive health behaviors. From noted educators and authors Gloria Leifer and Eve Fleck, this book shows how a knowledge of normal growth and aberrations can be used to design individual approaches to patient care.
New to this edition
- NEW! Healthy People 2030 goals and objectives are incorporated throughout the book.
- NEW! Case studies are included in life stage chapters.
- NEW! Updated physical activity guidelines are included from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Journal of the American Medical Association, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- NEW! Updated content includes microbiomes, obesity, nutrition, telehealth, social media, substance abuse, and gun safety.
- NEW! Review questions are added to the Evolve companion website.
- Patient teaching strategies are provided for every development stage, providing age-appropriate patient education tips.
- Cultural influences on health are included in a separate Cultural Considerations in Health Care chapter and in special boxes throughout the text.
- Lifespan Considerations boxes focus on issues specific to development stages.
- Health Promotion boxes highlight critical health issues related to each life stage.
- Safety Alert boxes focus on key safety issues for each life stage.
- Critical Thinking scenarios and questions appear at the end of each chapter to help you consider all variables when planning care across the lifespan.
- Learning features include objectives, key terms, key points, and review questions in each chapter.