Huszar's ECG and 12-Lead Interpretation, 6th Edition
Learn to interpret cardiac dysrhythmias and successfully treat patients! Huszar's ECG and 12-Lead Interpretation, 6th Edition uses a step-by-step approach to help you build skills in accurate rhythm interpretation, diagnosis, and clinical management. Correlating ECG interpretation with clinical signs and symptoms, the text begins with basic skills and progresses to more advanced concepts. Hundreds of ECG rhythm strips provide plenty of practice with identifying heart rhythms. Written by experienced EMS physician and educator Keith Wesley, this guide is also ideal for quick reference while on the job, anywhere from the emergency department to the back of an ambulance.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content includes the latest guidelines from the American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and also the International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations.
- NEW! Updated learning features include key definitions, ECG Keys boxes, Take-Home Points, author’s notes, chapter review questions, an appendix of more than 250 self-assessment rhythm strips, and an appendix of answers to the chapter review questions.
- Comprehensive review of heart rhythm interpretation reflects current ECC guidelines.
- Logical organization of material teaches the way in which readers learn specific skills — ECG components are presented first, followed by rhythm interpretation and then clinical applications.
- Coverage of both basic and advanced concepts incorporates the latest research developments and provides material pertinent to both beginners and experienced prehospital care providers.
- Recognition of various heart rhythms is promoted by their appearance on the ECG, correlated with the patient’s clinical signs and symptoms.
- Patient care algorithms outline step-by-step management and treatment, correlating ECG interpretation with history and exam findings.
- Advanced-level treatment content includes complete thrombus formation, treatment, and management.
- Take-Home Points summarize each chapter, highlighting need-to-know information about the most important topics.
- Author’s Notes provide tips on alternative diagnoses, possible complications of warning signs, normal variations, and more, allowing you to benefit from the author’s decades of experience.
- Expert author Dr. Keith Wesley is a board-certified emergency medicine physician and has been involved in EMS since 1989.
- Learning features include chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, chapter review questions, quick-reference summaries of the key characteristics of each heart rhythm, Drug Caution boxes, and a glossary.