LPN to RN Transitions, 5th Edition
LPN to RN Transitions, 5th Edition makes it easy for you to advance in your nursing career with all of the essential information you need to pursue your RN degree and practice as a registered nurse. This new edition includes practical information on role transition, cultural competency, delegation, interprofessional collaboration, professional writing, and more. Plus, newly revised and updated chapters provide the latest information for one complete, indispensable resource to help you succeed in everything from the classroom to clinical practice!
New to this edition
- NEW! Interprofessional collaboration coverage prepares you to work effectively with other members of the healthcare team.
- NEW! Information on trauma-Informed care prepares you to deliver care with a person-centered approach, which promotes a collaborative, trusting, respectful, and emotionally supportive care environment.
- NEW! Coverage of competencies for the RN gives you a clear vision of what skills registered nursing encompasses and how they differ from practical or vocational nursing.
- UPDATED! Next Generation NCLEX®-style content prepares you for the upcoming changes to the NCLEX-RN® exam.
- EXPANDED! Additional information on key topics enhances coverage of time management, preparing for class, self-care, prioritization, outcomes and cost containment, mandatory reporting, and case management for chronic illness across all settings, including home care.
- Clear, succinct coverage helps you understand the issues that an RN must address for a successful practice.
- Respect for the accomplishments of the LPN is emphasized throughout the text.
- Engaging design and thoughtful exercises keep you focused on key concepts and learning objectives.
- Critical thinking questions at the end of every chapter reinforce your understanding of important content.
- Patient scenarios and Application to Practice boxes challenge you to apply your knowledge to real-world clinical situations.
- FYI boxes encourage you to think about how your day-to-day interactions will change as an RN.
- Key Terms and Key Points help you learn vocabulary words and concepts related to the topic being discussed.