Mosby's Pharmacy Technician, 6th Edition
Get everything you need to prepare for a successful career as a pharmacy technician in one easy-to-read textbook! Useful from day one through graduation, Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition includes comprehensive information on pharmacy practice, anatomy and physiology, math calculation, and pharmacology. Built from the ground up to map directly to American Society for Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accreditation competencies and to the accepted certification exams, this approachable text covers everything from processing and handling of medications and medication orders to patient safety, quality assurance, and regulation and compliance. It also features a rich art program with equipment close-ups, clinical procedures and processes, and body system illustrations that bring the content to life and visually reinforce your understanding of key concepts. With its clear writing, expert insight, and engaging study tools, this text will help you develop a solid foundation in the pharmacy content you need to pass the board examination and launch a successful and rewarding career.
New to this edition
- NEW! Additional content ensures thorough coverage of all entry-level and many advanced ASHP accreditation competencies, including:
- Wellness, disease prevention, and immunizations
- Medication compliance and point-of-care testing
- Professional and regulatory standards
- Medication requiring special handling and documentation
- Nonsterile and sterile compounding
- Advanced Pharmacy Technician duties
- Comprehensive coverage of pharmacy practice, A&P, and pharmacology supports classroom success and board exam preparation.
- Step-by-step, illustrated procedures provide rationales for key skills and competencies.
- Study practice includes review questions at the end of each chapter, an exam-review appendix with sample questions, and online review questions.
- Scenario boxes help you develop real-world problem-solving skills.
- Mini drug monographs provide drug information summaries and photos for commonly prescribed medications.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts offer practical tips for on-the-job accuracy and efficiency.