Netter's Infectious Diseases, 2nd Edition
- Covers major conditions and problems such as vaccine-preventable diseases, drug-resistant staph, community acquired pneumonia, surgical infections, pyelonephritis, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections—and provides updated approaches to diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and standards of care.
- Includes new clinical vignettes added to most chapters.
- Provides updated and expanded coverage of emerging infectious diseases such as multidrug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB), neuroangiostrongyliasis (rat lungworm disease), Ebola virus, Severe Acute Respiratory Disease (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Coronavirus Infectious Disease-2019 (COVID-19), and novel influenza viruses including public health concerns.
- Covers vector-borne diseases including malaria, yellow fever, Zika infections and congenital Zika syndrome, West Nile fever, Lyme disease, tick-borne encephalitis, and Chagas disease plus others.
- New chapters on travelers’ diarrhea, cholera, and primary amebic meningoencephalitis debut in the section on international travel and outdoor activities.
- Contains memorable parasite life cycles and unforgettable parasite infection clinical vignettes.
- Features unparalleled illustrations by Drs. Frank H. Netter, Carlos Machado, and others, as well as radiologic images.
- Provides 24 printable patient education brochures in the enhanced ebook.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.