Nursing Research, 10th Edition
Find out why this book is a student favorite! Providing a solid foundation in nursing research and evidence-based practice, Nursing Research: Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice, 10th Edition offers balanced coverage of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand approach. This edition features new content on trending topics, including the Next-Generation NCLEX® Exam (NGN), as well as improved usability, user-friendly learning aids, and full-text research articles to help you better understand how to apply research to everyday clinical practice.
New to this edition
- NEW and UPDATED! Full-text research articles, including a population health study and a quality improvement study, serve as foundational examples throughout the text and Research Vignettes illustrate the types of high-quality research and evidence-based practice (EBP) projects that are driving advances in nursing practice.
- NEW! Content on trending topics includes:
- Precision science and tailored healthcare based on evidence
- Big data
- Secondary analysis
- Data collection using social media and technology
- Focus groups
- Descriptive qualitative methods
- Genetics, genomics, and "omics"
- Social determinants of health and population health
- Healthy People 2030
- The new U.S. Surgeon General’s Report on Oral Health
- The NIH funding roadmap
- IPEC Core Competencies
- The opioid crisis
- NEW! Next-Generation NCLEX® Exam (NGN) content introduces the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model and includes Clinical Judgment Challenges in each chapter to help prepare students for the NGN.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of the latest developments in the field includes:
- Content on research methods (scoping, rapid realist, etc.) and guidelines (evidence- versus expert-based) other than meta-analysis.
- Content on mixed-methods research that reflects the growing emphasis on mixed research methodologies.
- Content on quality improvement (including the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators [NDNQI], magnet status, and the Triple Aim) that addresses the growing importance of evidence-based quality improvement initiatives in clinical settings.
- NEW! Improved usability, with more illustrations, larger table type, increased use of bulleted text, enhanced readability, italicized in-text research examples for greater visibility, and better-aligned learning outcomes and chapter-ending key points make it easier for students to locate, understand, and retain information.
- Balanced coverage explores the nursing research process and the EBP process, as well as qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- User-friendly writing style and engaging learning aids throughout the text include full-text research examples, Helpful Hints, EBP Tips, IPE Highlights, Research Vignettes, Clinical Judgment Challenges, Critical Appraisal Criteria, and more!
- Innovative format integrates examples from current, high-quality, relevant full-text research articles.
- "All-star" team of contributors is a widely respected collection of experts in nursing research and EBP.