Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 10th Edition
Find the thinking of 39 leading nursing theorists in one comprehensive text! Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 10th Edition provides a clear, in-depth look at nursing theories of historical and international significance. Each chapter presents a key nursing theory or philosophy, showing how systematic theoretical evidence can enhance decision making, professionalism, and quality of care. Lead author Martha Raile Alligood is known nationally and internationally for her expertise in nursing theory. A classic in the field of nursing theory, this text uses objective critiques, case studies, and critical thinking activities to bridge the gap between nursing theory and application.
New to this edition
- NEW theorists, chapter authors, and case studies provide research and expertise from countries across the world.
- NEW references and bibliographies demonstrate the ever-increasing use of nursing theory globally.
- Scholars specializing in the work of a specific nursing theorist write each theorist chapter, often having worked closely with the theorists, to provide the most accurate and complete information.
- Case studies at the end of each theorist chapter put the theory into a larger perspective, demonstrating how it can be applied to practice.
- Critical thinking activities at the end of each theorist chapter help you understand the theory presented and apply it to personal and hypothetical situations.
- Diagrams and graphics help you to visualize and better understand abstract concepts and theories.
- History of nursing theory development includes its significance to the discipline and practice of the nursing profession.
- Brief summary sections in theorist chapters enhance comprehension and make it easier to review for tests.
- Major Concepts & Definitions box in each theorist chapter outlines a theory’s most significant ideas and clarifies vocabulary.
- Points for Further Study section at the end of each chapter indicates sources of additional information.
- References at the end of theorist chapters list the author’s primary and secondary sources of information.