Occupational Analysis and Group Process, 2nd Edition
Learn how to analyze client needs and use group therapy for effective interventions! Occupational Analysis and Group Process, 2nd Edition provides practical information on two key components of occupational therapy practice, helping you understand how to intervene with a variety of clients. Using case scenarios and clinical examples, this book provides strategies and guidelines for analyzing functional tasks for clients from children to adolescents to adults. It guides you through every step of the group process, including group leadership, communication within the group, and group interventions. Written by noted OT educators Jane Clifford O’Brien and Jean W. Solomon, this book provides a solid foundation for intervention planning.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updates and revisions to all chapters reflect the new Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and current OT practice.
- NEW! New chapter?s include Guidelines and Best Practices for Setting and Developing Goals and Managing Difficult Behaviors During Group Interventions.
- NEW! Clinical Application: Exercises and Worksheets chapter reinforces your understanding with learning exercises, activities, and forms for each chapter.
- NEW! Full-color design provides a greater visual impact.
- NEW! Clinical Case begins each chapter and includes questions on key content.
- NEW! Case Application and Summary in each chapter address the Key Questions.
- NEW! Additional content on specific groups includes topics such as community, trust building, functioning, civic, rehab, role playing, and measuring outcomes.
- NEW! Expanded content on therapeutic interventions is added to the book.
- NEW! Emphasis on group work in a variety of practice settings prepares you to handle groups in multiple environments.
- NEW! Creative examples show groups and intervention activities.
- Comprehensive content covers the material taught in group process and occupational analysis courses within Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant programs.
- Clear, matter-of-fact approach provides an understanding of the group process, strategies for leading groups, and guidelines for group interventions.
- Case examples, tables, and boxes highlight the key content in each chapter.
- Clinical Pearls emphasize practical application of the information, providing tips gained in clinical practice.
- Therapeutic Media are tried-and-true methods pulled from the author's extensive experience in occupational therapy.