Perioperative Medicine, 2nd Edition
Based on the most current evidence and best practices, Perioperative Medicine: Managing for Outcome, 2nd Edition, is an easy-to-follow, authoritative guide to achieving optimal outcomes in perioperative care. Written and edited by recognized authorities in anesthesiology and surgical critical care, this fully updated edition helps you think critically about complex, long-term issues surrounding the care of the surgical patient, providing decision trees that define strategies to enhance the medical outcome of care.
- Focuses on what anesthesiologists, surgeons, and intensivists need to know in order to improve outcomes through evidence- and outcome-based approaches.
- Provides practical guidance on potential risks to all major organ systems, the etiology of particular organ dysfunctions, preoperative and intraoperative risk factors, and perioperative protection strategies to minimize potential complications.
- Features a consistent chapter format - with even more color-coded algorithms, summary tables, and boxes – that enables you to quickly explore and determine the best management approaches.
- Includes six all-new chapters: Perioperative Fluid Management; Delirium and POCD; Role of Palliative Care/ICU; Value-Based Care: The UK Model; CFO Perspective on Value; Hospital to Home (Perioperative Transitions of Care)
- Discusses timely topics such as quality improvement, pay-for-performance, preexisting disease and comorbid conditions in anesthesiology, and the team-based model of care.
- Features two new editors, surgeon Clifford Ko, MD, and Perioperative Summit leader, Michael (Monty) Mythen, MD.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.