Pharmacology Made Simple, 1st Edition
Master the pharmacology essentials that health professionals need in practice! Pharmacology Made Simple: An Introduction for the Health Professions makes it easy to understand and apply pharmacology concepts in healthcare careers. Clear and concise, this text uses colorful illustrations, case scenarios, and memory devices to simplify learning and review questions to aid comprehension. An Evolve companion website includes animations of body systems, two practice exams for more self-testing, and printable drug tables. This exciting and practical new text helps you build professional skills and ensures your readiness for the workplace.
- Essential information is logically organized and easy to read, focusing on what you need to know.
- Engaging, reader-friendly format breaks down pharmacology into manageable chunks of information, accompanied by "flashcard" boxes and memory devices.
- Mini case studies in each chapter demonstrate real-world healthcare applications, with scenarios from a variety of health professions settings.
- Chapter review questions provide opportunities to assess your comprehension as you move forward.
- Full-color illustrations bring complex pharmacology concepts to life with realistic figures and drawings.
- Clinical Application and Alert features stress critical thinking and effective job preparation.
- Scenario and Alert features stress clinical application and safety.
- Focus on patient education helps you learn and practice key skills in professionalism.
- Chapter key terms and back-of-book glossary includes pharmacology terms cross-referenced to the chapters in which they are introduced and discussed.
- Additional learning resources include a study guide (available separately) and an Evolve companion website with animations, practice exams, and more.
- Chapter objectives guide your study by listing the chapter’s most important concepts.