Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment, 5th Edition
Prepare for the Next-Generation NCLEX-RN® Exam (NGN) and gain the clinical judgment skills you need to manage patient care safely and effectively! Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 5th Edition is the first and the most popular NCLEX-RN Exam review book focused exclusively on building management-of-care clinical judgment skills. What’s more, this bestselling review is now enhanced for the NGN with new NGN-style questions! Beginning with concepts relating to prioritization, delegation, and assignment decisions, the workbook guides you through patient care scenarios and exercises progressing from simple to complex. All of the book’s questions are provided in an interactive online format on the Evolve website in tests that simulate the latest NCLEX-RN Exam. Written by a team of noted educators led by Linda A. LaCharity, this review prepares you for success on the NGN and in clinical practice like no other!
New to this edition
- NEW and UNIQUE! Updated question formats prepare you to succeed on the Next-Generation NCLEX-RN® Examination (NGN) by including the latest item types and highlighting each with a distinctive icon.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Next-Generation NCLEX Questions chapter includes only NGN-style questions to help you focus your study time on these new question formats and optimize your chances for success on the NGN.
- NEW! Dozens of additional questions and answers provide more review and practice for the increasingly challenging NCLEX-RN Exam.
- NEW! Updated content throughout matches the latest evidence-based guidelines and treatment protocols.
Management-of-care focus addresses the emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the NCLEX-RN® Examination.
- Three-part organization first establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises with scenarios of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- Part One: Introduction provides a concise foundation and practical guidelines for making prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment decisions.
- Part Two: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Common Health Scenarios provides practice in applying the principles you’ve learned to relatively straightforward health scenarios involving single patients or simple patient assignments.
- Part 3: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Complex Health Scenarios includes unfolding cases involving patients with progressively more complicated health problems or challenging assignment issues, demonstrating the progression of typical health scenarios and helping you learn to "think like a nurse."
- Answer keys follow each chapter and provide the correct answer plus a detailed rationale.
- Practice quizzes on the Evolve website include all of the book’s questions in an interactive format that allows you to create a virtually unlimited number of practice sessions or tests in Study Mode or Exam Mode.