Promoting Health, 7th Edition
The seventh edition of Promoting Health is an essential book for a range of health practitioners to guide their health promotion practice within a comprehensive primary health care context.
With a new author team featuring Jane Taylor and Lily O’Hara, the book explores the socio-ecological determinants of health and wellbeing as a foundation for holistic, ecological, salutogenic health promotion practice. The health promotion practice cycle, including evidence-based community assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation, is described in detail. The book also includes chapters on five health promotion action areas.
Promoting Health is a comprehensive, easy-to-understand resource that students and practitioners will find themselves returning to throughout their studies and professional practice.
New to this edition
- Updated framework for health promotion practice including distinction between comprehensive and selective primary health care approaches, and the addition of the health promotion practice cycle
- Introduction to the values and principles of critical health promotion and their application within a comprehensive primary health care context
- Increased focus on indigenous perspectives, with current Australian and New Zealand examples
- Quizzes to check understanding of the content of each chapter
- Grounded in internationally recognised WHO health promotion frameworks including the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion and subsequent charters and declarations
- The role of systemic determinants of health and wellbeing including the social, economic, cultural, political, natural and built environments for a sustainable future
- Sets of questions on putting the Ottawa Charter into practice
- Tables that map chapter content to relevant International Union for Health Promotion and Education core competencies
- More to Explore sections with additional resources
- Reflective questions that enable consolidation of learning through practice activities
- An eBook included with all print purchases
Additional resources on evolve
• eBook on VitalSource
• Chapter reflective questions and model responses
• Chapter quiz questions with correct responses
• Image Gallery
• Chapter reflective questions
• Chapter quiz questions