Psychology: An Introduction for Health Professionals, 1st Edition
Psychology: An Introduction for Health Professionals will appeal to the undergraduate nursing and health science student seeking to understand patient responses and behaviours to various diagnoses, interventions and health outcomes.
Written by Patricia Barkway, the text is divided into two sections. The first introduces essential concepts and theories of psychology in the context of human development across the lifespan. The second focuses on applying these concepts and theories to healthcare issues and practice.
- Critical thinking questions encourage reflection on clinical practice
- Case studies provide clinical relevance
- Chapter 14 Psychology in Practice features discipline-specific case studies across 11 health disciplines
- Research focus examples in each chapter assist students to link research to clinical practice
- An eBook included in all print purchases
Additional resources on Evolve
eBook on VitalSource
- Image collection
- PowerPoint slides
- Test bank
- Answer Key—critical thinking questions
- Student practice questions
- Discipline-specific case studies