Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 10th Edition
Get complete dialysis coverage and an excellent review for the certification exam! Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 10th Edition uses a concise Q&A format to cover the principles, diseases, and problems of dialysis treatment for kidney failure. A new chapter on case management of the renal patient keeps you current with the latest in dialysis treatment and equipment. Dialysis expert Judy Kallenbach provides clear, easy-to-read guidelines that will apply to every member of the dialysis team, from technicians and nurses to social workers and patients.
New to this edition
- NEW Case Management of the Chronic Kidney Disease Patient chapter is added.
- EXPANDED Patient Education Guidelines chapter adds coverage of motivational interviewing.
- EXPANDED Psychosocial Aspects of Dialysis Therapy chapter adds information on patient care.
- UPDATED content includes new guidelines and information on medication.
- Comprehensive coverage provides the knowledge needed to care for dialysis patients and to prepare for the certification exam, with topics including a review of body fluids and electrolytes, infection control, transplantation, and key psychosocial aspects of dialysis treatment.
- Question-and-answer format makes learning easier and makes the book suitable for independent study.
- Multidisciplinary approach includes a chapter on the different roles in the hemodialysis team, describing how dialysis care is coordinated and what patients go through during their treatment.
- Easy-to-understand style introduces new terms and concepts without assuming prior knowledge of dialysis.
- Home Dialysis Therapies chapter describes the use of home dialysis treatment as a possible cost-cutting measure.
- Useful appendixes offer a quick reference to the sodium and potassium content of various foods, nephrology organizations and resources, a list of dialysis lab tests, a glossary, and more.
- Coverage of the entire lifespan helps you care for patients of different ages, with separate chapters on pediatric dialysis and end-stage renal disease in the elderly.
- 70 illustrations depict all aspects of dialysis treatment and care.