Study Guide for Kinn's Medical Assisting Fundamentals, 2nd Edition
Get the review and practice you need to master essential medical assisting skills! Corresponding to the chapters in Kinn's Medical Assisting Fundamentals, 2nd Edition, this study guide offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of administrative and clinical competencies. Review questions test your proficiency with subjects such as anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, math basics, and key administrative and clinical concepts. Hands-on activities and competency checklists help you apply your knowledge to patient care. The 2nd edition adds coverage of expanded skills approved in many states. It’s all the review and practice you need to succeed in the classroom and begin preparing for a successful and rewarding career as a Medical Assistant.
New to this edition
- NEW chapters on intravenous procedures and limited-scope radiography provide coverage of expanded Medical Assisting functions approved in many states.
- NEW! Expanded content addresses behavioral health, catheterization procedures, disease states, medical office organization, expanding MA roles, and more.
- Easy-to-understand writing style is appropriate for all levels of learners in all types of Medical Assisting programs.
- Emphasis on foundational content includes in-depth coverage of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, basic math calculations, and job readiness to build a strong base of knowledge.
- Illustrated, step-by-step procedure boxes demonstrate how to perform and document key administrative and clinical skills.
- Content supports Medical Assisting certification test plans to help you prepare for board examinations.
- Real-world scenario in each chapter presents a situation for you to follow as you read through the material, helping you understand and apply key concepts as they are presented.
- Learning features include key terms and definitions, Being Professional boxes, study tips, critical thinking exercises, and review and summary sections, all focusing on developing the soft skills that employers seek when hiring.
- Chapter learning tools include terms with definitions, study tips, critical thinking boxes, and review and summary sections.
- Medical Terminology boxes highlight chapter-related medical terms to help you learn word parts, pronunciation, and definitions.
- Evolve website includes skills videos, chapter quizzes, five practice certification exams, and a portfolio builder.