Textbook of Remedial Massage, 2nd Edition
Textbook of Remedial Massage 2e is a comprehensive and practical book for students and practitioners of remedial massage.
Written by Sandra Grace and Jane Graves, the text provides expert instruction in commonly used and highly valued remedial massage techniques, including trigger points, muscle stretching and myofascial release. Each technique is accompanied by:
- step-by-step illustrations and photographs
- physiological principles
- current evidence of efficacy
- contraindications and precautions
- Detailed approach to assessments including red flags for serious conditions requiring referral
- Evidence-based approach to assessment and treatment
- Comprehensive coverage of techniques that are included in remedial massage programs
- Focus on functional anatomy
- Assessment videos of major regions of the body and the integration of treatment techniques that are specific to the target tissue
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.