The Practice of Chinese Medicine, 3rd Edition
Use Traditional Chinese Medicine in diagnosing and treating disease! Maciocia’s The Practice of Chinese Medicine, 3rd Edition describes how to apply TCM theory to the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and conditions frequently encountered in practice. Covering common, chronic, and acute conditions, Maciocia’s provides guidelines to treatment with both acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Case studies offer real-world insights into determining effective treatment care. From an expert team of editors who were close to the late Giovanni Maciocia and who practice "the Maciocia way," this practical, illustrated text makes it easier to apply TCM in Western medical practice.
New to this edition
- NEW and UNIQUE! Clinical Tips provide practical guidelines to diagnosing and treating diseases.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Red Flags list symptoms that may necessitate a referral to a Western physician.
- NEW! Updated clinical trials and references are added.
- NEW! Updated Western differential diagnosis sections are added.
- NEW discussion on sexuality in Chinese medicine is added.
- NEW! Additional tongue photos aid in diagnosing diseases, based on Chinese medicine protocols.
- NEW! Updated, full-color photos are added.
- NEW! Four new appendices are added, for a total of 10 appendices.
- NEW! Reorganization of material provides easier access to key topics.
- Coverage of Traditional Chinese Medicine includes the diagnosis and treatment of 48 common diseases, conditions, and disorders.
- Discussion of aetiology, pathology, and differential diagnoses according to TCM is provided for each disease, condition, and disorder.
- UNIQUE! Summaries of Western differential diagnoses provide alternative treatment options.
- Coverage of treatments includes acupuncture and herbs, with explanations of choices.
- Reviews of clinical trials and modern Chinese literature report the experience of noted doctors of Chinese medicine.
- Practical appendices include Identification of Patterns According to the Six Stages, the Four Levels, and the Three Burners; Prescriptions; and Suggested Substitutions of Chinese Herbs.
- English-Pinyin Glossary of Chinese Terms is included.