Understanding Pathophysiology, 7th Edition
Make difficult pathophysiology concepts come to life! Filled with vibrant illustrations, simplified language, and detailed online content Understanding Pathophysiology, 7th Edition delivers the most accurate information on treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease across the lifespan. This new edition is fully revised and includes coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics to you with a thorough understanding of conditions affecting the human body. Plus, with over 30 new 3D animations on the companion Evolve site, quick check boxes at the end of each chapter, and disease progression algorithms, this text helps you engage with the fundamental knowledge you need to succeed in nursing school and in practice.
New to this edition
- NEW! Chapters on Alterations in Immunity and Obesity and Disorders of Nutrition feature the latest coverage of these hot topics.
- NEW! Additional coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics gives you a comprehensive understanding of conditions and cell growths that affect the human body.
- NEW! Streamlined content and illustrations ensures content is at an appropriate level for undergraduate students.
- NEW! More than 1000 illustrations in the text and 30+ new 3D animations on companion Evolve site bring difficult concepts to life for a new perspective on disease processes.
- Student resources include animations, review questions, answers to the Quick Check boxes (featured in the text), chapter summary reviews, and case study with answers for select chapters.
- Algorithms throughout the text clarify disease progression.
- Did You Know boxes highlight new developments in biologic research, diagnostic studies, preventive care, treatments, and more.
- Quick Check boxes tests your retention of important chapter concepts.
- Risk Factor boxes alert you to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Summary Review sections provide fast, efficient review of chapter content.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes and Pediatric Considerations boxes highlight key considerations for these demographics in relevant chapters.
- Consistent presentation helps you to better distinguish pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- Glossary of approximately 1,000 terms familiarizes you with the most difficult or important terminology related to pathophysiology.