Youmans and Winn Neurological Surgery, 8th Edition
- Discusses current topics such as diffusion tensor imaging, brain and spine robotic surgery, augmented reality as an aid in neurosurgery, AI and big data in neurosurgery, and neuroimaging in stereotactic functional neurosurgery.
- 55 new chapters provide cutting-edge information on Surgical Anatomy of the Spine, Precision Medicine in Neurosurgery, The Geriatric Patient, Neuroanesthesia During Pregnancy, Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy for Epilepsy, Fetal Surgery for Myelomeningocele, Rehabilitation of Acute Spinal Cord Injury, Surgical Considerations for Patients with Polytrauma, Endovascular Approaches to Intracranial Aneurysms, and much more.
- Hundreds of all-new video lectures clarify key concepts in techniques, cases, and surgical management and evaluation. Notable lecture videos include multiple videos on Thalamotomy for Focal Hand Dystonia and a video to accompany a new chapter on the Basic Science of Brain Metastases.
- An extensive video library contains stunning anatomy videos and videos demonstrating intraoperative procedures with more than 800 videos in all.
- Each clinical section contains chapters on technology specific to a clinical area.
- Each section contains a chapter providing an overview from experienced Section Editors, including a report on ongoing controversies within that subspecialty.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.